Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Let' think about this blog

Hold on for a bit as i get meta here and write what I think about writing my thoughts of things on a blog.

     "Let's think about thinking about things."-Me, when I was thinking of what gimmick 
to go with for the blog.
      The main idea for this blog was to be like a critic and try to have some fun with analyzing what i had to discuss from class. I have to say, it ended being funner than i expected, but it still runs with the "since i was told to do it, I'm not going to enjoy it" syndrome, but hey, that telling me to do it made me start, and actually enjoy myself a bit, here I am writing my 10th blog post, I don't think I will write many more, but I can say I like those that are already written. After 10 blog posts around 300 to 600 words each, I can say I am still as lost and entertained by this as when I started.

     When I started I had no idea how a blog should be written, but I did know one thing,   I knew what I liked, and what I would read, so I decided I would write and make my blog just that.  It worked for me, talking about things I had seen as reviews and how I felt towards them, this didn't start as well but after a few posts, maybe because i had gotten a bit used to this, or because I was tired when writing the posts, but I began to write with a more honest(and sarcastic) tone which gave more life to my posts.  I think what i enjoyed most of my post was the final thoughts, and those have always been that, honest thoughts.  An example of this is my favorite post: Let's think about the 60's , It's informational about what the movie is, but it is shown in a sarcastic and possibly angry tone with how they were presented.  It show's my real reaction towards some aspects I wanted to point out, which in a blog, I can.

     This was what differed from here and my journal.  In my journal I organized thoughts by sprawling every little thing on paper with no thinking.  It was just a jumbled mess of words and whining with no purpose except being, but here I get to share my thoughts, when they're better organized, and that's what made this experience easier, and better for me.  The one thing I did not enjoy having to do in the blog experience was to comment on every of my groups blog posts, and I couldn't just comment it had to be some weird way of commenting (brought to you by Peter Elbow) because I don't necessarily have a consistent thought about everything, maybe i just liked a line or liked the post in general, I still need to comment something and this opens up vague comments most of the people are probably going to ignore because in the end, we all know it's for the grade and if someone actually cares about something they comment its going to get shrugged off "Oh hey look, everyone in my group commented, good"  it makes it lack the purpose it originally had, which is sad because I liked the idea of commenting, but not to those extremes of in every post, in a certain way, I felt like it took away personality which is what makes this great.

Final thoughts: 9/10 even though i don't think this will change my way of writing in the future, maybe I could write here from time to time.  If you wanna try doing this, go ahead, i don't think you're going to regret it if you do it freely.


3 comments:

  1. I also possess the "I don't wanna do it" syndrome. It's amazing hiw something that doesn't grasp your attention takes you by surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your “final thoughts” throughout the blog. It’s a different and refreshing way of concluding your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Loved the GIF at the beginning, props.)

    I agree with the part about the commenting. If we were allowed to choose a certain amount of entries to comment on, then maybe the comments would feel more genuine and actually helpful, and we would've avoided some of the "I'm just doing this for class" feeling while writing our comments and reading those of others.

    ReplyDelete